Happy Hour Sarasota – Brick’s Smoked Meats
BBQ FOR HAPPY HOUR? WHY NOT! 🐷
WORDS: 927 = READING TIME: 4 Minutes
📢 Read To The Bottom. We’ve got a special Happy Hour giveaway just for you!
HAPPY HOUR BASICS
WHAT: Brick’s Smoked Meats
WHERE: 1528 State St. (941) 993-1435 (Downtown Sarasota)
WHEN: MON-FRI, 2PM TO 7PM
🤠 BBQ 101
Back in 2017, Mark Gabrick closed up his Sarasota Farmers Market stall and opened a real, official, “brick” and mortar BBQ joint. An ordinary mid-May afternoon was the day that Brick’s Smoked Meats pushed the first order of their delicious Prime Smoked Brisket across the counter. Over the next six years, several thousand more orders would follow.
• Mark has since moved out to Austin, Texas to sell his BBQ sauce and rub creations under the name Gabrick BBQ. But his “Que” creations are still thriving at the State Street restaurant that he started.
🪟 10,000 FOOT VIEW
Brick’s Has a Semi-Official Greeter. 👋🏻
I’m not certain what his/her name is, but they sure seem friendly. Friendly and BBQ go together. This is easy food to love. Simple AND complicated all at the same time. You immediately recognize the names.
• Brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, and more fill out this barbeque menu.
• The sides, of course, are in keeping with the culinary style.
Pimento Mac ‘N Cheese, Poblano Slaw, and a traditional potato salad wait to join the party on your tray.
📝 You can also get cornbread AND deviled eggs!
🤷🏻♂️ WHAT’S THIS PLACE LIKE?
Barbeque Is Casual. And the feeling at Brick’s is exactly like the food they serve; comfortable and easy to enjoy.
• There’s a variety of seating options: high top, bench seating, table and chairs, outdoor, indoor, and of course, the bar. Choose the one that best suits your needs and lifestyle!
• It’s great for an after-work happy hour group. Lots of larger party dining configurations.
• If you’re solo, no worries. You can always make a new happy hour friend or two at their bar. 🍺
🅿️ Back during COVID, the City of Sarasota made outdoor “parklet” seating an option for restaurants. Brick’s made the most of that opportunity. They designed and built a fantastic outdoor dining space that utilizes some of State Street.
📝 Brick’s is in the process of deciding if they want to keep that space going. We hope they do.
⭐ LET’S TALK HAPPY HOUR (That’s why we’re here!)
We’re going to break this down into bite-size pieces for you. Some things are just better in smaller chunks.
😋 TASTY NUGGETS
Here are your choices for some seven-dollar dining…
Mac Bites • Smoked Wings • Chicken Sliders • Nachos • Pork Sliders • Queso • Fried Okra • Guacamole
All fantastic options!
🍸 MORE THAN JUST FOOD
If we’re going to eat all that tasty food, we’re going to need something to go with it. Hey, how about some six-dollar drinks? What a fabulous idea! 😃
Draft Beer • House ‘Rita • House Wines • House Spirits
📷 PICTURE THIS!
WOW! That’s about all you can say about that!
👨🏻🦱 TIM’S TIPS
• Lots of great beer to choose from. With 13 taps, there’s a little something for everyone and every taste. Cheers! 🍺
• These are BIG portions for a Happy Hour. That means there is more than enough for sharing with friends. And at $7 per dish, it’s a bargain.
• The smoked wings were a nice change from the standard fried variety you get almost everywhere else in town. They had a nice little kick to them, too.
🙍🏻♂️ LARRY LIKES
• I LOVED these nachos. I’m not even a “Nacho Person.” They were loaded with the best possible toppings. They even had their Pit-Smoked Beans in the mix. Delish!
• The Smoked Poblano Queso hit the spot! Great flavor. I would lick that nearly empty mini crock if I thought I could do it with no one looking. (I just might do it anyway!) 👀
• Great service. Our server, Heidi, was on top of things, but not on top of us. Just the right amount of attention and space.
🆒 BONUS – Have you ever seen the inside of a Mac’ N Cheese Bite?
Now you have! These were light (even though they were fried), and had just the right amount of heat. A really tasty dish.🌶️
✅ BOTTOM LINE
Lots Of Bang For The Happy Hour Buck! Sometimes, places just whack a few bucks off a beer or an appetizer. Not here! Brick’s shows off some of its great menu items at a nice discount. It’s got a super casual feel (a BBQ place should be like that!). With various seating options, you can sit at a place that’s most comfortable for YOU. The State Street Garage makes this a no-brainer for parking, which can sometimes be a challenge downtown. 🚗
📖 READ MORE…
🆓 We promised you a shot at some free stuff. And the folks at Brick’s want you to have some free stuff, too! We’ve got a Brick’s Gift Box for one of our lucky readers. We’ll pick one reader at random next Tuesday and send them out the goods. Here’s the LINK TO ENTER! Good Luck. 🍀