A full two weeks of wining and dining
UPDATED FOR 2019 –
It clearly says “RESTAURANT WEEK”. You can see it as plainly as I can. But, for lucky Sarasota diners, it is happily not the case. The Sarasota restaurant taste-a-thon that is annually sponsored by Visit Sarasota County is a full two-week affair. That’s great news because there would be hardly time enough to scratch the surface in one meager week.
Starting on June 1st and running through the 14th, locals and visitors will have the opportunity to dine at some great restaurants from specially planned menus. And, here’s the best part, all of those menus are offered at special prices. This year 90_ Sarasota restaurants will be showing off their best for legions of hungry food fans.
Traditional favorites like The Bijou Café, Michael’s on East and Euphemia Haye will be standing shoulder to shoulder with newcomers to the Sarasota dining scene. It’s a truly unique two weeks for Sarasota restaurant goers.
Excited for a little sample? I thought you would never ask. Take a peek at whats on the menu over at Element – Modern Mediterranean Grill.
Dinner First Course (select one)
First course (select one):
– bruschetta chopped salad: basil / garlic / e.v.o.o. / shredded lettuce / balsamic reduction
– spiced sausage & white bean soup: grated parmigiano reggiano / e.v.o.o.
– creamy roasted tomato bisque: basil oil
– baked eggplant: black olive / ricotta salata / bread stuffing / truffle oil
Second course (select one):
– tuna carpaccio: horseradish sour cream drizzle / micro greens / chili spices
– house-pickled vegetable platter: chef’s selection seasonal vegetables, pickled in house / lavash crackers / herb spread
– grilled chorizo: roasted potatoes / peppers and onions / tomato-butter pan jus
Third course (select one):
– pan roasted salmon: roasted corn / tomato / poblano pepper / orzo salad / grilled vidalia onion compote
– braised broccoli rabe: garlic / onion / red bell peppers / linguine pasta
– braised boneless beef short ribs: roasted root vegetables / smashed potatoes / herb-infused red wine demi-glace
– sautéed mussels: summer vegetable broth / white wine / tomatoes / fresh herbs
Fourth course (select one):
– lemon sorbet
Tax & Gratuity not included.
Not bad for $36.00 plus tax and tip. Some restaurants have been known to keep these special menus and prices rolling right through the summer. But, I wouldn’t take a chance on missing the fantastic food and superb pricing. To be safe you had better get there the first two weeks of June.
Here’s the complete list of restaurants participating in this year’s Savor Sarasota Restaurant Week.
Happy Dining! For additional information here is a link to the Visit Sarasota County Savor Sarasota website.