Ready, Set, Eat…
UPDATED FOR 2019 –
It’s here. The two weeks that Sarasota residents and visitors alike drool over. Savor Sarasota Restaurant week is upon us once again. To be fair, “restaurant weeks” is a more accurate description. This local food lovers dream stretches for fourteen days. And, in some cases even beyond that. Some of our favorite places extend their meal deals well into the summer.
We’re once again happy to bring you our “Unofficial” guide to all of the delicious happenings. First off and maybe most importantly, who’s participating? Well, here’s the full list.
There are a whopping 90+ Sarasota area restaurants participating this year. I think you would agree that’s quite a lineup. All major food groups covered very nicely.
For those of you who haven’t been fortunate enough to enjoy some great Savor Sarasota meals in the past here’s the low down. For a mere $16 for lunch or $32 for dinner, you can delight in a specially conceived three-course meal. These menus have been designed especially for our restaurant week and are fashioned to showcase each restaurants style and cuisine.
Curious as to what one of these unique menus looks like? Here’s a look at what Element – Modern Mediterranean Grill is serving up.
Dinner First Course (select one)
First course (select one):
– bruschetta chopped salad: basil / garlic / e.v.o.o. / shredded lettuce / balsamic reduction
– spiced sausage & white bean soup: grated parmigiano reggiano / e.v.o.o.
– creamy roasted tomato bisque: basil oil
– baked eggplant: black olive / ricotta salata / bread stuffing / truffle oil
Second course (select one):
– tuna carpaccio: horseradish sour cream drizzle / micro greens / chili spices
– house-pickled vegetable platter: chef’s selection seasonal vegetables, pickled in house / lavash crackers / herb spread
– grilled chorizo: roasted potatoes / peppers and onions / tomato-butter pan jus
Third course (select one):
– pan roasted salmon: roasted corn / tomato / poblano pepper / orzo salad / grilled vidalia onion compote
– braised broccoli rabe: garlic / onion / red bell peppers / linguine pasta
– braised boneless beef short ribs: roasted root vegetables / smashed potatoes / herb-infused red wine demi-glace
– sautéed mussels: summer vegetable broth / white wine / tomatoes / fresh herbs
Fourth course (select one):
– lemon sorbet
Tax & Gratuity not included.
Interested yet? This is one of the best opportunities of the year to see and taste what some of our best local chefs are dishing up. It’s a great way to give a new place a test drive or revisit an old favorite at a great price.
Check back often. We’ll be featuring more special menus from Savor Sarasota throughout the two-week celebration of Sarasota food and restaurants.